Friday, February 20, 2009

Ah! The weekend

Maven: a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge on to others. The word maven "comes from the Yiddish, and it means one who accumulates knowledge. (Wikipedia)

That would be me. I can't believe all those blogs out there. I am addicted! I start with one, but as I am learning, you just can't stop at one, because there is that Blog Roll, with so many interesting sounding places to visit.

At first I was thinking of starting just a garden blog. But I also knit, and cook, and I am trying to learn to bake. And then it occurred to me that this blog is a journal of sorts. Recording my life as it unfolds into the wonderful world of retirement.

Retirement: the point where a person stops employment completely. A person may also semi-retire and keep some sort of retirement job, out of choice rather than necessity. This usually happens upon reaching a determined age. (Wikipedia)

Hmmm. So I'll actually be semiretired. But I'm going to hold out as long as I can before I actually start looking for employment. That is why I have to learn to be more self-sufficient. And I also hope that someone might learn from my experiences, because I'm positive that I'm not the only person in this world that is thinking about doing the same thing.

Stay tuned . . . pictures in tomorrow's post!!!

No comments: